Patient Returned Medicines Waste Contract

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT) manage the patient returned medicines contract for your pharmacy on behalf of NHS England.  (Used to be called KMF).  The actual supplier is SRCL which will continue to to be the contracted clinical waste supplier from 1st July 2017.

FAQ for Community Pharmacies including what waste community pharmacies can accept available here:

NHSE CW Contract – FAQ Pharmacies 2017

Who should you Contact?

For all service requests, complaints and queries, please contact the KMPT Waste & Environment Team.  The team are available Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm, except bank holidays.  Please do not contact the waste contractor directly.

NEW Telephone number:  01622 714511 or email

The team are based at:

Waste & Environment Team, KMPT, First Floor, Magnitude, New Hythe Lane, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 6WT


As from 1st July 2017:

The current supplier SRCL will continue to be the contracted supplier from 1st July 2017.  This means that between 7th April and 1st July 2017 your pharmacy will be contacted by SRCL to enable them to collect information to support a smooth transition to the new contract.  Please look out for further communication from SRCL via email and post.  

When SRCL contact you, they may ask you for the following information in order to update their records:

 Completion of an online audit questionnaire detailing waste service requirements such as current waste volumes and service frequencies;

 Opening times and access restrictions; and

 Additional waste related questions.

 This does not apply to needle exchange waste for pharmacies in East Sussex and Brighton and Hove, which remains the same as before.

Patients own medical sharps:

A reminder to all pharmacies that with the exception of Jext / Epipens, they should not be accepting used medical sharps from patients (unless participating in a needle exchange scheme). It is the responsibility of local councils to collect and dispose of patient sharps. In some cases patients may need their GP to register them with the local council scheme before a collection can be arranged.