Chlamydia Treatment Service – available to those pharmacies in BHCC area who are already accredited to provide EHC.
|The New Chlamydia treatment service has been delayed until 9th January 2017. Please see the information below relating to the new service and documents to add to the EHC handbook.|
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ADD ON SERVICE AVAILABLE TO PHARMACIES ALREADY ACCREDITED TO PROVIDE EHC IN THE BHCC AREA.
- Pharmacists that attended the CPPE Chlamydia Testing and Treatment workshop on the 14th September 2016 are fully accredited to provide the service and can enrol on PharmOutcomes when the template becomes available. BHCC hold a list of accredited attendees.
- Pharmacists who did not attend the workshop will be required to complete a declaration of competence for the service on the CPPE website using the link below. Once the DoC is complete then Pharmacists can enrol on PharmOutcomes. Please note it is essential to have completed a DoC for the EHC service before providing this additional service.
- The PGD for the service is here: pgd-azithromycin-august-2016-for-community-pharmacies-with-signatures Please print, ensure it is signed by all pharmacists accredited to provide the service and filed in the EHC file/handbook.
- The chlamydia screening programme contact details are here: chlamydia-screening-programme-contacts-for-cp_04-16 Please ensure you have enough C-tests in stock to promote the service and condoms to give out if necessary during the treatment consultation. Clients requiring treatment will be referred back to the pharmacy where they were given the test.
- The chlamydia testing and treatment pathway is detailed in the attached flowchart here: final-chlamydia-screening-pathway-in-community-pharmacy-flowchart
- Here are the the BASHH and WHO guidelines for the treatment of chlamydia for information and to support pharmacists completing the CPPE DoC: who-chlamydia-treatment-guidance and uk-chlamydia-guidelines-2015
- The service template will be made available on PharmOutcomes to pharmacies who have contacted BHCC to advise they intend to offer the service. The consultation payment is £10 and the cost of treatment will be based on the drug tariff price.
- For any enquiries about the service please contact: Chlamydia Treatment Service- Vicky Fenwick firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01273 696011 x 1120